location for kickstarts files: android/data/pandora.uae4all.sdl/files/kickstarts
- new UI (big thanks to pelya) - New features - preview of saved states - finished custom control tab - new scheme of on-screen buttons for for using custom control and better compatibility with openpandora, game consoles, and gamepads 4 3 ( YX) 2 1 ( BA)
Another changes from open-pandora beta version 188.8.131.52 from 18.12.2013: - Bugfix: M68000 addressing mode "register indirect with index" (caused crash in Arabian Nights and some more) - Added: Custom mapping for joystick left/right/down possible - Changed: Better differentiation of M68000 and M68020 specific emulation - Changed: CPU cycles for M68020 The previous version of uae4all simply halves the M68000 cycles. Now we are using a more realistric timing. As long as there isn't enough performance to emulate the instruction cache and the pipeline of the M68020, we asume that every fetch is done from cache and there is no pippeline. This gives us a good approach to the real M68020. You may notice a slowdown in M68020 emulation now. This is because we have to emulate more M68020 opcodes per timeslot than in previous version, but some performance enhancements brings us close to previous fps. - 256K Kickstart roms now supported Big thanks to TomB
- increased scrollbar width in dropdown element menu
- navigation via dpad fixed
- config manager for harddrive(whdload)-games (load, save, delete config) - small bugfix with navigation via dpad for GUI - improved amiga compatibility (thanks to TomB)
- added additional setting for enable/disable file extension filter
- added additional setting for enable/disable quick switch features via buttons
- small bug fixes - improved amiga compatibility (thanks to TomB)
- added eject buttons for every flopy drives
- (ANDROID) Multithreaded video enabled by default (if you will have decreased performance, please disable it in sdl-setting) - Performance enhancements (Thanks to TomB) - Improved compatibility (Thanks to TomB) - AROS as kickstart replacement supported. (Thanks to TomB) Lot of games and demos are working with this replacement and we can distribute a copy of the files with UAE4All (current version already included in PND). Note: AROS needs at least 1MB chip RAM and 1 MB fast RAM.
- fixed bug with custom control (left and right direction of dpad now works correct with custom control) - mouse click implementation for F13, F14 keycodes been removed
- A few more games and demos working: Alien Breed 3D 2, Love-Demo from Fairlight (really cool...) Thanks to TomB
- repaired gzip support
- added bz2 support
- added zip support (work depend from firmware, with some devices - not works)
- fixed problem with GUI for device with non-standard touchscreen driver
Thanks to pelya
- added RP9 support (work depend from firmware, with some devices - not works)
Okay installed this into my Lenovo IdeaTab A3000 Android tablet today and it does work, sort of. Certainly loads up games no problem but I cannot seem to get the keyboard to come up. How do you get the keyboard? The button it appears to be doesnt respond at all.
Thanks again for more updates. Here is some more feedback, again on OUYA: New menu UI working well so I am trying that. A couple of points 1. App crashes when pressing down in the following UI tabs, Hard DRV & Misc 2. Cannot access following UI tabs Displ./Snd. , OnScr & Floppy Dr by pressing down. 3. The remaining tabs work, I can press down and change options OK. 4. I can move all tabs left and right no problem. I can even press UP and it jumps to bottom UI menu so I can Start emulator.
Also here are a few more SDK keycodes I found: F13 - left mouse button LCTRL - emulator menu toggle
Pressing button L & R (SDK RSHIfT & RCTRL) together with up/down pans screen up/down.
If WHDLoad asks for PrtScr to exit, select * on UI keyboard. Thanks to a friend who looked on his actual AMIGA keyboard to see that PrtScr and * are on the same key.
Sorry I forgot to say. The mouse emulation was working really well, on Cannon fodder I could move and shoot. No sticking shooting as I mention previously. There are so many Mouse options it was probably a setting that best suits OUYA rather than Emulator issues. I follow the OUYA guide from Gazdaman. Your emulator has updated quite a bit, so maybe we need to tweek the OUYA guide too.
I have been having a good go at the emulator. Here is some feedback all on OUYA. Sorry I am typing on tablet so not the best. First off New UI. You have to position and click the cursor slightly above the top icons on the main emulator headings to select them. Maybe some slight offset issue.
When selection folders for HDF files etc I was getting quite a few crashes. I think it was to do with how quickly I clicked. If I clicked to highlight folder then waited half-to-one second and made second click it was OK.
Emulator was working very well, we had lots of fun thanks.
I see you have uploaded the new emulation code with the old UI. So I will have a go at that.
Could you please list what SDL keycodes do what in the emulator so we can configure OUYA or PS3 controller. I.e. L = change input method. As I have lost what key code goes back to the emulator menu and I have to quit right out currently.
Regarding the textUI keyboard is there a key code to make it appear? Pressing two buttons at once is not ideal on OUYA and I would option to bind on its own button.Also on OUYA the keyboard would appear/disappear very quickly (maybe code for this runs very quick on OUYA). So is it possible to add a fraction of a delay for it to stay on screen. We have to press buttons very fast to get it to appear/disappear.
Finally thanks for hard work and hope you had a Great Christmas holiday.
First of all, thanks for the update and continued work on this. Just some feedback on using it with the OUYA - the new UI looks great but it is more difficult to navigate than the last one. Is it possible to enable DPAD/Joystick to navigate the menus and touchpad? The OUYA touchpad is v.poor and it does not show the new UI off best.
There is now many custom control options, thanks. I have to play around with them to get my best setup. I did notice that the 'right mouse button' click seemed to stick? Maybe a setting? For example on Cannon Fodder the soldiers keep shooting for a number of seconds when I release OUYA button and I can't move the soldiers with the 'left mouse button' quickly like on AMIGA original.
Also I see that the DISPLAY menu has lost the pixel shift options. The only reason I ask is that I was playing a Pinball game last night and a few pixels were missed off the top of the screen, and I thought I might have been able to correct with PIXEL shift.
I finish work for Christmas today, so hopefully I will have some time to play and try playing with controls etc.
Just a final slightly Off Topic thing. Regarding Tiny Launcher - I got my games etc showing in the menu, but when I try loading them I get the GURU Meditation style error, and it says file not found? It must find some files to show my games in the Tiny Launcher UI? - any ideas?
Thanks and have a Great Christmas all. AMIGA Rulez ;-)
I will try to implement navigate to menu element via dpad/joystick Custom control not works correct with some element of controls: for example not works correct with onscreen joystick, but works correct woth others onscreen buttons. I think same problem with gamepad. I don't know why. Thanks for report about screenshift, i will try to add missed menu elements from old ui. It look like you tried use tinylauncher with hd-dir mode. Please use tinylauncher only with hd-file mode. Same situation with Xbench launcher it works only in hd-file mode.
i REALLY need to get in touch with You, Sir. While i am just nuisance, i'd like to propose gui changes, including apk icon, here it is: icon for apk: http://s27.postimg.org/ste81ztcf/icon.png this is preihelion icon that author made freeware. PLEASE, make it uae4all2's apk icon, then, i'd like to make gfx for YOUR GUI you presented for android emu. If you thnik, i'd might to be useful, tell me how i contact you, Sir.